Rats can create a lot of nuisance and also lead to various health issues. They always prefer to take up residence in your home or office where they can find sufficient amount of food and water sources. If you want to get rid of rats, here are some helpful tips:
- It is necessary to keep your living space tidy and clutter free. Don’t leave any food and water sources for rats. Always clean up food spills and store the food in airtight containers.
- Seal off the potential rat entry points in buildings and homes. They can easily pass through small cracks and cervices to gain access to your property. Make sure to seal all the potential entry points to keep them at bay.
- Never leave the pet food outside the house. Also, make sure you pick up dishes and food debris immediately after your pets have finished their meal. Store pet food in plastic, glass and metal containers.
- Arranging a bird feeder near your house means you are inviting rats. The food particles from bird feeder can attract rats. If you want the bird feeder, then keep it away from your home.
- Make sure you cut the grass and bushes around your house periodically. This way they won’t be able to hide behind the long grass and bushes. Rats generally avoid high exposure areas where they are clearly visible and can get caught.
- It is advisable to avoid keeping woodpiles against the sides of home’s walls and garages. This way you allow rats to hide there.
We, at Thrifty Pest, provides a wide range of effective and dependable pest control services across Ontario. We undertake safe, environment-friendly pest control procedures.